Dr Khalil Gibran Muhammad appears in the following:
Monday, January 21, 2013
On this Martin Luther King, Jr. day, highlights from yesterday's event at the Brooklyn Museum, co-hosted by Farai Chidaya. Featuring:
- A. Peter Bailey, playwright, journalist and activist; author of "Malcolm, Martin, Medgar."
- Dr. Khalil Gibran Muhammad, Director of the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture, The New York Public Library.
- Dr. Peniel Joseph, Professor of History at Tufts University; author of Dark Days, Bright Nights: From Black Power to Barack Obama.
- Dr. Brenda M. Greene, Professor of English and Executive Director of the Center for Black Literature at Medgar Evers College of the City University of New York
- Dr. Britta Waldschmidt-Nelson, of the German Historical Institute, is the author of Dreams and Nightmares: Martin Luther King, Malcolm X, and the Struggle for Black Equality in America.
Monday, February 20, 2012
On Monday, ground will be broken on the new Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture. This $500 million project is just one of the many being erected in major cities dedicated to African American history and the civil rights movement: Atlanta, Jackson and Charleston all have projects in the works. These projects mark an emerging era of scholarship and interest in the history of the civil rights movement, providing the public with new insights.