Volunteer and Intern with Note To Self
Note to Self is looking for sharp, enthusiastic self-starters to help in the production of the program. You can volunteer with the show or join the formal internship program administered through WNYC. Volunteers pitch during projects at the WNYC offices in New York City. There is a small daily stipend. Internships are available to those currently or recently enrolled in school.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Participate in production of technology-focused stories and shows.
- Pitch ideas.
- Check in guests and assist in interviews.
- Provide research assistance and basic audio editing.
- Regular web assistance.
- Performing various menial tasks that are essential to the daily running of the office.
- Basic journalism skills including research, interviewing, writing.
- Enthusiasm, curiosity, flexibility and eagerness to report, as well as being a self-starter.
- Applicants should be aware of news and technology stories in particular in New York City and beyond.
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills and concepts as necessary, preferred.
How to apply:
Please email email@example.com with the subject heading “NTS Volunteer” with answers to the following questions:
- Describe your favorite NTS segment or story and why you liked it?
- Describe a subject, topic, are of the city that could be covered in the show?
- Suggest two ideas that the show should consider – limit the answer to a short paragraph for each. Feel free to suggest guests.
- What other shows and websites do you listen to or read?
Please check the WNYC jobs database for listings and follow the instructions there.
Any questions about the application process may also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the high volume of submissions, we are able to respond only to the candidates selected for interview. We appreciate your interest in employment with WNYC.
WNYC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and invites and encourages qualified applicants from all walks of life.