Fred Thys appears in the following:
Tuesday, July 09, 2019
The man who has accused actor Kevin Spacey of groping him in a bar in Nantucket, Mass., three years ago has decided to stop testifying. The decision is a blow to the prosecution's case.
Tuesday, April 09, 2019
Thirteen parents and one college coach have agreed to plead guilty in the college admissions cheating case that broke last month. One of the parents is actress Felicity Huffman.
Monday, March 11, 2019
More veterans from Iraq and Afghanistan are surviving with traumatic brain injury. In Boston, the Department of Veterans Affairs is studying the long-term effects of those injuries on 800 veterans.
Saturday, March 09, 2019
Researchers at the Boston VA are finding that exposure to blasts even without concussion can cause structural damage to the brain.
Tuesday, January 08, 2019
Spacey appeared in a Massachusetts district court on Monday to face accusations that he sexually assaulted an 18-year-old man in Nantucket. A plea of not guilty was entered for the actor.
Monday, January 07, 2019
Actor Kevin Spacey appeared in a Massachusetts court on Monday on a charge of indecent assault involving an 18-year-old man.
Friday, September 14, 2018
A series of suspected gas explosions ripped through three Massachusetts towns Thursday. Just north of Boston, the towns of Andover, North Andover and Lawrence each saw home explosions and fires.
Thursday, December 29, 2016
The VFW wants more younger vets — those who served in Afghanistan and Iraq. Students at Northeastern University who are looking to be part of the VFW have come up with an idea: a VFW post on campus.
Thursday, August 04, 2016
As part of a state law designed to help equalize pay for women, employers are now prohibited from asking about an employee's previous salary. Advocates say the question creates a cycle of low pay.
Wednesday, January 06, 2016
Attorneys say 40 individuals have made credible claims that they were sexually assaulted at St. George's School, a private boarding school in Newport, R.I. Three spoke at a news conference in Boston.
Sunday, November 29, 2015
Copyright 2015 NPR. To see more, visit http://www.npr.org/.
Tuesday, March 06, 2012
- Fred Thys, political reporter for WBUR, discusses today's primary in Massachusetts and what expectations are in the state.
- Ross Sneyd, news director at Vermont Public Radio, on the GOP race in Vermont and what the big themes are in that state.
- Beverly Amsler, reporter at WVTF Public Radio in Roanoke, Virginia, on the GOP race in Virginia and what the big themes are in that state, where only Mitt Romney and Ron Paul are on the ballot.
- Jo Ingles, Statehouse News Reporter for Ohio Public Radio and T.V. , checks in on the themes in Ohio's GOP primary taking place today, and why campaigns have been so focused on the state.
- Denis O'Hayer, "All Things Considered" host at WABE-FM in Atlanta, Georgia, discusses the latest news from the GOP race in Georgia and what may be driving voters there to the polls.
- Michael Cross, KOSU Capitol Bureau Cheif, explains how GOP candidates have been campaigning in Oklahoma and what the voters there are focusing on this Super Tuesday.
- Dave Thompson, news director of Prairie Public Radio in Bismarck, North Dakota , talks about the GOP caucus in North Dakota today, and what the campaigns and analysts are expecting from the Peace Garden State.
- Scott Ki, reporter for Boise State Public Radio, talks about the Idaho caucus in the state today, and the issues of interest for Republican voters there.
- Chas Sisk, political reporter for The Tennessean, reporting to us from Nashville, the state capital, explains how Tennessee voters are participating in the primary today.
- Daysha Eaton, KSKA public radio reporter joining us from Anchorage, Alaska, checks in from Alaska on what's expected.
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Fred Thys, a WBUR political reporter, discusses the similarities between Deval Patrick's campaign for Governor of Massachusetts and Barack Obama's campaign for president. The two have used similar messages, policy and rhetoric - what lessons from the first year of the Patrick administration can Obama learn?
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Several major politicians have earned their political stripes in Massachusetts -- including Michael Dukakis, John Kerry, and now Mitt Romney. On States of the Union, we find out how Bay State voters feel about Mitt Romney…as well as whether their universal health care policy has been a success, ...