Legal Department Internship - Summer
The Legal Department is looking for a current law school student to join our team as an intern for Summer 2021.
Our department deals daily with a wide variety of legal issues – anything from contracts to defamation or copyright, from labor issues to regulatory compliance. This internship will offer exposure to many areas of law, particularly those relevant to media and nonprofits, and this intern will work closely with members of the legal team to complete substantive assignments. The intern might be called upon, for example, to assist with review of media/entertainment contracts or with legal research into laws impacting journalists and their work across state lines; they will also be offered ample opportunity to shadow legal staff in meetings and daily tasks and to receive strong mentorship.
This is a full-time position and is open to current law school students who will have completed their first or second year of law school by May 2021. The internship will run for 10 weeks from Monday, June 7, 2021, ending Friday, August 13, 2021 (or earlier, as required by on-campus interview obligations and agreed upon prior to acceptance of this position). NYPR’s 2021 summer intern program will be fully remote.
Please submit a resume and cover letter with your application. Note: Students who are attending New York City law schools and are able to receive school credit or funding are preferred.
· Strong skills in analysis and organization
· Ability to exercise good judgment and manage time effectively
· Demonstrated interest in media, intellectual property, and/or nonprofit law
· Excellent academic credentials
All positions at NYPR require:
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, using a range of methods
· Proven ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels of an organization, and across a diverse range of cultural, generational, ethnic, racial, educational, and social backgrounds
· Affinity for New York Public Radio and WNYC’s mission and content
Eligibility: Any student (undergraduate or graduate) or person who has graduated no more than 12 months prior to the start of the internship period to which he/she is applying. Because this is a paid internship, interns must be authorized to work in the United States and must be working from one of the following locations while working for NYPR: CA, CT, GA, IL, MA, MD, ME, MI, NH, NJ, NM, NY, PA, WI, Washington DC. If you don't meet all the bullet points, but think you'd be a great candidate, apply and tell us why!
New York Public Radio is committed to building a diverse staff. Candidates of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please submit your application here: http://jobs.jobvite.com/newyork-public-radio/apply