Join WNYC’s Brian Lehrer and Jami Floyd, managing editor of The Global Game, for an invigorating afternoon of discussion, performance and personal reminiscence.
Thank you for your support of WNYC’s MLK Day celebration. Our RSVP list for the main auditorium and the overflow room is at capacity and is now closed. However, if you would like to put your name on the wait-list we will accommodate as many people as possible, subject to availability. THE WAIT-LIST DOES NOT GUARANTEE ENTRY.
This year, WNYC’s annual Martin Luther King Day celebration examines a civil rights battle Dr. King embraced and left for us to finish: equal education for all.
- BRIAN LEHRER, host of WNYC’s The Brian Lehrer Show
- JAMI FLOYD, managing editor of The Global Game
- CAMI ANDERSON, Superintendent of The Newark Public Schools
- FREDRICK C. HARRIS, Professor of Political Science and Director of Columbia University's Center on African-American Politics and Society.
- RACHEL MORAN, Dean of the UCLA School of Law
- HARVARD SITKOFF, Professor of History at the University of New Hampshire
- JOHN A. STOKES, an original plaintiff in the Brown v. Board of Education case
- TOURÉ, Journalist and Cultural Critic
- VILLY WANG, Founder, President and CEO of BAYCAT
Live Performances by
- TOSHI REAGON
- MANHATTAN COUNTRY SCHOOL
- MANHATTAN THEATRE LAB
Please arrive at 2pm. The doors open at 2:30pm
Presented by WNYC and the Brooklyn Museum
Sponsored by Brooklyn Community Foundation, Tekserve and SchoolBook.org