You are an important part of New York Public Radio. We value your opinion and participation in our community and invite you to comment and join in discussion on our sites, including WNYC.org, Gothamist.com, and WQXR.org.
To keep the discussion constructive, we ask you to follow some basic guidelines:
- Be civil and respectful: Please respond insightfully and thoughtfully. If you disagree with a comment, audio piece, or article, please focus on its content and ideas and not the writer/reporter. Personal attacks and hate speech attacking any person or group on the basis of race, sex, religion, sexual/gender orientation, or any similar characteristics will not be tolerated. Neither will obscenity, trolling, or doxxing (releasing a person’s private information, such as their address).
- Stay on topic: If you have general questions or concerns with WNYC Radio or problems getting to content on any of NYPR’s websites, please contact Listener Services. Your comments should be responsive to the article or post to which they’re connected.
- Keep it short and clear: Limit your posts to about 300 words. If you have to scroll to read your comment, it's probably too long. Think of this as a mini-essay. Good grammar, spelling, and punctuation make it easier for everyone to understand your ideas.
- Be yourself and only post your own work: Do not impersonate anyone else. It’s fine to link to or include short excerpts from relevant articles on other sites, but don't please paste whole articles that are not your work.
- No spamming: We do not allow commercial promotion or endorsements of any type.
- Don’t feed the trolls: We value debate on our pages but want it to be productive. If you believe someone else is violating these guidelines, don’t engage – just flag and report the offending comments.
Moderation and Enforcement:
We do moderate comments, but don’t review every post before it goes up; so, if you see something that violates these guidelines, please flag it to let us know. While we appreciate and welcome participation, we do reserve the right to remove comments for guideline violations, or to close commenting on any articles or posts. Please also note that if you repeatedly violate these guidelines, we may choose to ban you from commenting on any or all NYPR pages.
If you have any questions about New York Public Radio or the comments guidelines, please contact:
WNYC Listener Services
160 Varick Street
New York, NY 10013
Thanks for being a part of New York Public Radio.