Friday, April 15, 2011
Takeaway sports contributor, Ibrahim Abdul-Matin explains why the playoffs are so fair. Often, he says, the top-seeded teams don't make it to the finals so small town teams can actually win the trophy. It depends on the goalie, he says. Another reason to watch? The sport is incredibly intense and violent. The Boston-Montreal rivalry is the game that no one wants to miss.
Monday, May 24, 2010
- Washington Takeout: Congress could vote to repeal 'Don't Ask Don't Tell' this week. Washington correspondent, Todd Zwillich explains why Congress and the Pentagon are butting heads about whether now is the right time to make this change.
- Sports Takeout: Venus Williams won her opening match in The French Open, Ibrahim Abdul-Matin recaps the first day's matches. He also looks at the latest in the NHL's Stanley Cup Finals.
Thursday, May 13, 2010
- WASHINGTON TAKEOUT: Elena Kagan paid her first visit to Congress as Barack Obama's nominee to the Supreme Court yesterday. She met with some of the Senators who will help decide her fate. Takeaway Washington correspondent Todd Zwillich tells us about this "senatorial version of speed dating."
- SPORTS TAKEOUT: Ibrahim Abdul Matin recaps an exciting game seven upset in the NHL conference semifinals last night, when the Montreal Canadiens upset the Pittsburgh Penguins to continue their Cinderella streak through the playoffs.
(You can follow Todd on Twitter @Todd_Zwillich)
Thursday, May 06, 2010
- Turmoil in Greece: We get an update on the economic turmoil in Greece that has sparked social outrage and mass protests. The BBC's Malcolm Brabant describes the shock felt after the violent protests.
- Sports Takeout: Sports contributor Ibrahim Abdul-Matin, recaps last night's NHL playoff action, and previews tonight's games, as the San Jose Sharks go for the sweep and jugular of the Detroit Red Wings.