Streams

 

 

Levi Aron

WNYC News

Man Gets 40 Years-to-Life for Killing 8-Year-Old Brooklyn Boy

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A New York City hardware store clerk who pleaded guilty to kidnapping, killing and dismembering a lost little boy was sentenced Wednesday to 40 years to life in prison.

Comments [1]

WNYC News

Levi Aron Behind Bars, But Borough Park Community Still Scarred

Friday, August 10, 2012

Levi Aron pleaded guilty to killing 8-year old Leiby Kletzky in court Thursday, and now faces 40 years to life in prison. The Borough Park community, where Leiby’s dismembered body was found in Aron’s refrigerator, is still coming to terms with the fact that it was a Jewish man and a neighbor who perpetrated one of the city’s most gruesome crimes in their backyard.

Comment

WNYC News

Levi Aron Pleads Guilty in Death of Leiby Kletzky

Thursday, August 09, 2012

Levi Aron has formally pleaded guilty to the gruesome murder of 8-year-old Leiby Kletzky, a little more than a year ago. The plea guarantees a sentence of 40 years to life for the 36-year-old Aron, who waived his right to appeal. It also puts an end to a case that attracted international attention.

Comment

WNYC News

Deal Offered in Leiby Kletzky Murder

Wednesday, August 01, 2012

The man accused of killing and dismembering an 8-year-old Borough Park boy has been offered a plea deal, according to a spokesman for the Brooklyn District Attorney’s office.

Comments [7]

WNYC News

Defense: Confession in Boy's Killing Was Coerced

Monday, October 24, 2011

Defense attorneys for a New York City man charged with abducting and killing an 8-year-old boy said on Monday that his confession was coerced.

Comment

WNYC News

Psych Exam Finds Man Accused of Killing Brooklyn Boy Has Personality Disorder

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Levi Aron, the hardware store clerk charged with murdering an 8-year-old Brooklyn boy, has a personality disorder, according to a psychiatric evaluation. 

Comments [5]

WNYC News

Levi Aron, Accused of Killing Borough Park Boy, Deemed Competent to Stand Trial

Thursday, August 04, 2011

The man accused of kidnapping and killing an 8-year-old boy from Borough Park has been found competent to stand trial. The finding was announced by Levi Aron's lawyers after he pleaded not guilty in Brooklyn State Supreme Court Thursday morning.

Comments [2]

WNYC News

Levi Aron Found Fit to Stand Trial in Brooklyn Child Murder Case

Thursday, August 04, 2011

The man accused of brutally killing an 8-year-old Brooklyn boy was found competent to stand trial. This comes after a a grand jury indicted Levi Aron, 33, who then claimed to hear voices in in his head. The court-ordered ordered a psychiatric evaluation in July.

Comment

WNYC News

Man Accused of Killing Brooklyn Boy Leiby Kletzky To Be Arraigned

Thursday, August 04, 2011

The suspect in the kidnapping and killing of 8-year-old Brooklyn boy Leiby Kletzky is scheduled to be arraigned Thursday.
   

Comment

WNYC News

Brooklyn Boy Was Drugged Then Smothered, Medical Examiner Says

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The same day the results of an autopsy revealed the 8-year-old boy abducted from a Brooklyn street last week was drugged before he was smothered to death, a grand jury indicated 35-year-old Levi Aron in the child's killing.

Comments [5]

WNYC News

Group Raises Funds for Torah Scroll in Honor of Slain Boy

Monday, July 18, 2011

A Borough Park group is raising money to dedicate a Torah scroll in memory of 8-year-old Leiby Kletzky, who was killed after he was abducted on his way home from day camp last week.

Comments [2]

WNYC News

Man Accused of Killing Brooklyn Boy Wanted His Own Kids, Ex Says

Friday, July 15, 2011

The hardware store clerk accused of brutally killing a Brooklyn boy frequented karaoke bars, dreamed of appearing on "American Idol" and wanted kids of his own some day, his ex-wife told WNYC.

Comment

WNYC News

Man Accused of Killing Brooklyn Boy Was 'Creepy,' 'Emotionless'

Thursday, July 14, 2011

The man accused of abducting and brutally killing an 8-year-old boy in Borough Park, Brooklyn, this week was "creepy" and kept to himself, according to co-workers and neighbors.

Comments [10]

WNYC News

Suspect in Brooklyn Boy Killing Pleads Not Guilty

Thursday, July 14, 2011

The suspect in the grisly killing of an 8-year old Brooklyn boy was arraigned on charges of murder and kidnapping in the first degree Thursday as law enforcement officials revealed more details of the gruesome slaying.

Comments [5]

WNYC News

Missing Brooklyn Boy's Remains Found in Freezer

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

An eight-year-old boy who disappeared in the heavily Jewish neighborhood of Borough Park, Brooklyn two days ago was found dead and severed into pieces Wednesday morning. Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said a suspect has made statements implicating himself in the murder and told investigators he killed Leiby Kletzky after noticing that the search for the child was intensifying.

Comments [42]