Friday, March 06, 2015
Thursday, March 05, 2015
By Steven Valentino : Producer, The Leonard Lopate Show
Thursday, January 22, 2015
Friday, December 12, 2014
Thursday, October 23, 2014
Thursday, October 16, 2014
Tuesday, February 25, 2014
What do Carnegie Hall, the Bronx Zoo's Elephant House and the Cathedral of Saint John the Divine have in common? They're all marvels of architectural beauty that contain the interlocking tile vaults created by the father-son team of Rafael Guastavino, Sr. and Rafael Jr.
Wednesday, December 25, 2013
Leonard Lopate hosts his annual Gospel Christmas special, with favorite songs from gospel greats like Mahalia Jackson, Marion Williams, Edna Gallmon Cook, and Alex Bradford, and others.
Billboard: Joy to the World, Marion Williams. Album: If We Ever Needed the Lord Before
1. When Was Jesus Born, Marion Williams & Stars of Faith. Album: O Holy Night
2. Great Day in December, Swan Silvertones. Album: Saviour Pass Me Not
3. No Room at the Hotel,The Chosen Gospel Singers. Album: The Lifeboat
4. No Room at the Inn, Mahalia Jackson. Album: Mahalia Sings Songs of Christmas
5. Poor Little Jesus Boy, Mattie Williams. Album: Black Nativity, Gospel on Broadway!
6. The Holy Babe, Mahalia Jackson. Album: Mahalia Sings Songs of Christmas)
7. Angels from the Realms of Glory, Edna Gallmon Cooke. Album: Mme Edna Gallmon Cooke & Doris Akers
8. Christ Is Born, Marion Williams and Alex Bradford. Album: Black Nativity, Gospel on Broadway!
9. Go Tell It on the Mountain, Mahalia Jackson. Album: Apollo Sessions
10. Silent Night, Holy Night, Mahalia Jackson. Album: Silent Night: Gospel Christmas with Mahalia Jackson
11. God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman, Marion Williams. Album: Through Many Dangers
12. Mary, Mary, What You Gonna Name that Pretty Little Baby? Frances Steadman and Marion Williams. Album: Black Nativity, Gospel on Broadway!
13. O Come All Ye Faithful, Mahalia Jackson. Album: Mahalia Sings Songs of Christmas
14. No Room at the Inn, Staples Singers. Album: The 25th Day of December
15. All Hail the Power, Marion Williams. Single
16: No Room at the Inn, Marion Williams. Album: O Holy Night
Friday, November 01, 2013
Veteran host Leonard Lopate spoke about Food Fridays and the new three-ingredient challenge. Also, find out what food-related issues cause the most controversy and what kitchen tool is his favorite.
Friday, October 25, 2013
By Amy Eddings
These past few weeks, Leonard Lopate has been putting the "loco" in "locavore." He's been talking about eating, drinking and the politics of food during his show on the Food Fridays series by day, hosting "Lopate and Locavores" events in the Jerome L. Greene Performance Space at night and is launching another "3-ingredient challenge" with chef Rozanne Gold.
Wednesday, October 23, 2013
In any given year, about a thousand restaurants will open in New York City. Only 20 percent will still be around five years later, and just a few will be able to score a great review in the Times, boast a steady crowd, or gather enough support to expand.
In the second installment of this year's Lopate and Locavores food series, WNYC host Leonard Lopate invited restaurateurs behind some of the city's hottest spots to compare notes on their success secrets and talk about what it's like to battle to the top in a seriously competitive business.
Wednesday, October 16, 2013
What's it like to be on the other side of the dining table in New York City? Leonard Lopate dishes with a panel of service professionals in this kick-off to the fourth season of the Lopate and Locavores food series.
Wednesday, October 16, 2013
Laurel Sturt discussed her negative views of the New York City school system as outlined in her book Davonte’s Inferno: Ten Years in the New York Public School Gulag.
Sunday, September 22, 2013