Friday, September 25, 2009
By Matt Lieber
Earlier this week we talked about what happens when you bring Wikipedia's crowd-sourcing approach to organizing information into the kitchen. We asked you to take a simple recipe and make it special. And from a humble, two slices of bread, two slices of cheese beginning, you've constructed an appealing sweet and salty sandwich that layers new flavors on an a traditional favorite. Without further ado, here it is: the Takeaway's User-Generated Sweet and Salty Grilled Cheese. Try it out and let us know what you think.
- 2 slices of multi-grain bread
- 2 slices of sharp cheddar cheese
- Old Bay seasoning
- Pickles, for extra crunchiness
- Fig Jam
- Spread the fig jam on one side of the bread
- Melt the butter ahead of time and brush the outsides of the bread
- Put the cheese between the bread
- Put the sandwich on a skillet
- Cook until both sides are brown.
- Cookie cut the sandwich to look like the Virgin Mary.
- Serve with sliced apple and chocolate milk
Friday, May 22, 2009