Your Guide to the Emerging Theories About Why Eric Cantor Lost
Wednesday, June 11, 2014
House Majority Leader Eric Cantor lost his primary last night in a result that virtually no one predicted. That doesn't mean there aren't plenty of theories about what led to the shocking result. Buzzfeed DC bureau chief John Stanton talks about the emerging narratives, from the impact of the Tea Party, immigration, redistricting, and more.
Some of the Emerging Theories About Cantor's Loss That We'll Discuss (and Say "Not So Fast...")
- Emerging Theory #1: Immigration Sank Cantor
- Emerging Theory #2: The Tea Party Is Back!
- Emerging Theory #3: Dems and Independents Crossed Over
- Emerging Theory #4: Cantor Gerrymandered Himself Out of a Seat
- Emerging Theory #5: People Voted Against Cantor Because He's Jewish
- Emerging Theory #6: It's Complicated (Probably Right)