In the wake of fatal police encounters like that of Eric Garner and Michael Brown, the nation often pushes to have a national conversation on race and policing to find a solution. WNYC's Brian Lehrer hosted literally hosted one with many voices and across many cities. In collaboration with public radio stations in St. Louis and Baltimore, Brian is joined by:
- St. Louis Public Radio reporter Rachel Lippman
- WYPR news director Joel McCord
- WEAA contributor Roberto Alejandro
- WNYC host and legal analyst Jami Floyd
- John Jay College of Criminal Justice professor Peyer Moskos
- activist DeRay Mckesson
- executive director of St. Louis' Teach for America Brittany Packnett
- and call-in listeners.
Brooke examines a condensed version of the conversation to see if anything has been or can be achieved through talking.
The Dream Machine - John Zorn
Starlings - Vijay Iyer Trio
Uluwati - John Zorn