On today's show:
- David Wallace-Wells, Features Director at New York Magazine, recounts his frightening experience at Kennedy Airport last week, when reports of an active shooter - though there wasn't one - caused total chaos for travelers.
- Rachel Abrams, New York Times reporter, and Tina Sigurdson, general counsel for the Environmental Working Group, talk about the proposed legislation to require the FDA to regulate cosmetics.
- Reverend William Barber, president of the North Carolina chapter of the NAACP and pastor at Greenleaf Christian Church, talks about his new initiative and his DNC speech.
- Richard Bribiescas, professor of anthropology and ecology and evolutionary biology at Yale University, discusse how natural selection affected the way men grow old and how that affects human society.
- Have you dropped a person off at college recently? How did his/her packing list differ from yours? Listeners call in about the changing nature of what one brings to college.