Expect A Tough Friday Commute
Friday, February 14, 2014
The tail end of the latest winter storm moves through the region today. Snow is expected to fall until about 7 a.m. but transit agencies are expecting a tough morning commute. Schools are open in New York City.
Updates below on all the weather's effects.
- Alternate Side Parking rules are suspended through Monday.
- A map of where the city snow plows can be found here.
- A list of area school closures can be found here.
- The City Office of Emergency Management has issued a Hazardous Travel Advisory for today. The Department of Buildings is reminding property owners to de-ice public areas and safely remove snow from roofs, overhangs, and awnings.
- Metro North is running on a Saturday schedule, the MTA says customers are advised to limit travel through Friday and to anticipate delays and crowded conditions.