Coming up on today's show:
- Lorenzo Franceschi-Bicchierai, reporter for Motherboard, explains how hackers are getting into John Podesta and Colin Powell's Gmail accounts.
- Anthony Scaramucci, founder of SkyBridge Capital, co-chair of Donald Trump's national fundraising committee and member of his economic policy council, as well as author of Hopping over the Rabbit Hole: How Entrepreneurs Turn Failure into Success (John Wiley & Sons, 2016), talks about his new book and Donald Trump's economic policies.
- 30 Issues continues with Week 29: Gun Control. Robert Spitzer, political science professor at SUNY Cortland and the author of Guns Across America: Reconciling Gun Rules and Rights (Oxford University Press, 2015), discusses the history of gun control legislation in the United States, from the law that aimed to curb Prohibition-era gun violence to today's Congressional stalemate over new gun control laws.
- Josh Katz, New York statistician and the author of Speaking American: How Y'all, Youse, and You Guys Talk: A Visual Guide (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2016), expanded his popular 2013 interactive dialect quiz in the New York Times to further explore geographic differences in American English.
- Jo Ann Allen, who hosts All Things Considered at Colorado Public Radio, former WNYC host, shares her story of a disturbing encounter with a police officer.