On today's show:
- We continue our weekly #AskTheMayor series, with Mayor Bill de Blasio.
- It turns out that there's very little evidence to show that flossing actually works. The AP's Jeff Donn discusses his recent reporting.
- Dr. Jedd D. Wolchok, oncologist and researcher at Sloan Kettering, talks about treating people with melanoma with innovative ways to use the immune system to treat cancer.
- Susan Page, Washington bureau chief of USA TODAY, offers analysis of the latest from the presidential campaigns and Washington news.
- Terence Blanchard, trumpeter and composer, and Erika Elliott, SummerStage executive artistic director, talk about upcoming programming and how it connects with current social tension.