Coming up on today's show:
- New York City Police Commissioner Bill Bratton will step down in September. WNYC's Brigid Bergin and Robert Lewis discuss the latest.
- Councilmember Vanessa Gibson talks about what Bratton's departure this means for the city.
- You'll hear a "30 Issues" double-feature today: first, a history of the national debt with former Wyoming Senator Alan Simpson. Then, hear Mark Zandi of Moody's Analytics discuss Clinton and Trump's policies and their potential effects on the national debt.
- The internet has given us so many new words. The BBC's Tom Chatfield tells us more.
- George Kelling, one of the creators of the "Broken Windows" theory, talks about Bratton's implementation of the policing strategy.