Coming up on today's show:
- Adriano Espaillat's win, as a Dominican American in a predominantly African American district, reflects ethnic power shifts in the 13th congressional district. NY1's Errol Louis, CUNY's JC Polanco and WNYC's Brigid Bergin explain.
- Nick Tattersall, Reuters Bureau Chief in Istanbul, discusses the news from Istanbul in the aftermath of the airport attack.
- Gretchen Sierra-Zorita, public policy and advocacy specialist, discusses the congress-approved rescue package that allows Puerto Rico’s government to restructure its $72 billion debt, but will not prevent the island from defaulting on upcoming payments.
- Joseph Conlon, technical adviser to the nonprofit American Mosquito Control Association, discusses the six most dangerous mosquitos in the U.S. and how to avoid them this summer.
- Are some languages just more efficient than others, when it comes to the level of detail needed to put a sentence together? Columbia University's John McWhorter discusses.