Coming up on today's show:
- NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio takes calls from listeners and discusses the latest city news.
- Back before the debate over transgender people and bathrooms became the political firestorm it is right now, the bathroom was still a place of great emotional and social contention for trans individuals. Meredith Russo shares her personal story of switching bathrooms while transitioning and the backlash she faced.
- On #30Issues, we continue our conversation about the cost of college by looking at each of the candidates' proposals on college debt with NPR's Anya Kamenetz.
- Hear about a self-described guerrilla journalist and his failed sting on a prominent donor to Hillary Clinton’s campaign, with The New Yorker's Jane Mayer.
- How do New York City's parks rate on a national level? Here to report: Adrian Benepe, senior vice president and director of City Park Development at The Trust for Public Land and former NYC Parks Department commissioner.