Coming up on today's show:
- New York City Council Speaker Melissa Mark-Viverito is proposing over a hundred policies to improve the lives of young women of color in New York. The Speaker talks about her latest recommendations, and Fordham University's Christina Greer discusses a proposed gender quota in city council.
- NBC News producer Ben Plesser discusses the story he helped produce about a 27-year-old man who joined ISIS and then fled the terrorist group after five months.
- Rashad Robinson of Color of Change discusses the growing momentum behind his group's campaign to pressure major corporations to protest Donald Trump by divesting from the Republican National Convention.
- Call in to talk about the gap between the fancy foods we talk about and the lazy meals we make for ourselves at home.
- Our look at wildlife around the city continues with Jessica Schuler, the director of the Thain Family Forest at New York Botanical Garden.