Coming up on today's show:
- NPR and ABC News political commentator Cokie Roberts talks about the important role played by women during the Civil War, especially the new face of the $20 bill, Harriet Tubman. Plus: The Reinvention Center's Patricia Turner suggests an image of Tubman to use on the bill.
- WNYC's Brigid Bergin gives an update on her reporting of the big drop in registered Democrats in Brooklyn and the Board of Election's claim of "routine maintenance."
- Our “30 Issues in 30 Weeks” series continues. Today, hear how taxes have changed under different presidents, with Joseph Thorndike.
- Greenpeace captain Peter Willcox recounts stories from over 30 years of service.
- It's National Poetry Month! Award-winning poet Sharon Olds offers an assignment (see if you can rise to this poetry challenge!) and insight into writing poetry.