Coming up on today's show:
- We get it. It's only March, and many of us already need a break from election coverage. Call in and tell us about news stories (local, national, or international) that have been overshadowed because of recent election news.
- Mayor Bill de Blasio talks about his affordable housing and rezoning proposals negotiated with the City Council.
- We're playing another excerpt from Brian's interview with Edward Snowden at RadioLoveFest (BAM/WNYC). Today, hear Snowden respond to his critics and explain why the American government is refusing him a fair trial. And follow this link if you'd like to hear the full, 90-minute interview.
- After, we'll discuss whether Snowden really would receive a fair trail if he returned to the United States, with Steve Vladeck, law professor at American University Washington College of Law.
- Roy Blount Jr. (you might recognize his name and voice from NPR’s Wait Wait . . . Don’t Tell Me!) offers his thoughtful humor on the subject of food and how attitudes, including his own, have changed over time and across regions.