Coming up on today's show:
- Our “Connecting Congress” series continues with New York Senator Chuck Schumer.
- Martin Shkreli became an overnight villain when stories about his infamous price gouging of a drug went viral. Now, he's been arrested for securities fraud. Hear what his story says about inflated drug prices and the pharmaceutical industry.
- A common critique of President Obama’s foreign policy is that he avoids making the hard decisions that involve military force. So to what extent is it true? Slate's Fred Kaplan looks into it.
- Jody Avirgan from FiveThirtyEight gives awards to the most interesting stories about data this year, both silly and serious.
- Follow the money in Albany and it’ll lead you back to Glenwood Management. It's the real estate firm that played a big role in the corruption cases against Sheldon Silver and Dean Skelos. We'll talk more with NY1's Josh Robin.