Coming up on today's show:
- TIME announced its pick for 2015 Person of the Year: German Chancellor Angela Merkel. Editor-at-large Karl Vick explains what went into the decision.
- The visa waiver program is under scrutiny this week, after it was revealed that one of the shooters in San Bernardino was a Pakistani national who entered the country on a “fiancé” visa. Hear about the details and recent criticism of the visa program.
- The Department of Investigation Commissioner Mark G. Peters says a new investigation found the NYPD did not fully inform NYCHA about criminal activity in public housing, and NYCHA failed to address the dangers they were aware of.
- Hear how scientists are “hacking” human perception.
- U.S. Representative Joseph Crowley (D-NY14) connects his work in Washington to his constituents in the Bronx and Queens.