Robert Wagner Remembers Hollywood's Golden Age

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Actor Robert Wagner looks back at Hollywood’s golden age. In You Must Remember This: Life and Style in Hollywood’s Golden Age Wagner revisits the houses, restaurants, and other haunts of Hollywood’s elite from the 1940s and 1950s, offering an intimate view of their lives on and off screen. He also discusses the business of Hollywood and its evolution from an industry once dominated by moguls to one run by agents, and examines the careers of his peers, carefully considering why some survived and others faded.

Robert Wagner

William from Manhattan

What a great guest. Another book for my reading list!

Mar. 11 2014 01:57 PM
Tony from Canarsie

RUCB_Alum -- I just discovered that episodes of "It Takes A Thief" are posted on youtube. ;-)

Mar. 11 2014 01:48 PM
Tony from Canarsie

I have friends in Tucson who have fond memories of working as extras on "A Kiss Before Dying" (1956). Terrific movie.

Now if only one of the retro tv channels would air Mr Wagner's late sixties show with Fred Astaire, "It Takes a Thief." That was a lot of fun.

Mar. 11 2014 01:45 PM
ST

What movies or tv shows has he seen recently that he admires? What about violence and profanity in today's movies? Surely that's major change. Does he approve of this?

Mar. 11 2014 01:43 PM
Pascale Vaillancourt from Atlanta

It takes a thief was my favorite TV show when I was 12. I'm not ashamed to admit I had a huge crush on Robert Wagner at the time ^^

Mar. 11 2014 01:42 PM

Thanks, Mr. Wagner. As a child of the 60's, I learned about your work FIRST in 'It Takes a Thief'...One of my favorites. Once inaugurated I enjoyed catching your older films on TV...Prince Valiant, A Night to Remember, WUSA and, of course, The Pink Panther.

Do you have a role you enjoyed least?

Mar. 11 2014 01:40 PM