For the Salad:
1 pound delicata squash, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
1 1/2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon plus large pinch kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 teaspoons honey
1/4 cup sliced almonds
2 bunches arugula (about 8 cups)
For the Vinaigrette:
1 1/2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 400° F. In a large bowl, toss together the squash, 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Spread the squash in an even layer on a large baking sheet. Roast, stirring occasionally, for 25 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, whisk together the honey, remaining 2 teaspoons oil, 1 teaspoon water, and a large pinch of salt. Toss almonds with 1 1/2 teaspoons of the honey mixture and spread them on a small baking sheet.
3. Transfer almonds to the oven; at the same time, pour the remaining honey mixture over the squash. Roast until the squash are tender and caramelized and nuts are dark golden, 5 to 7 minutes. Let nuts and squash cool completely.
4. Make the vinaigrette: whisk together the lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Whisk in the oil until incorporated.
5. In a large bowl, toss together the arugula, squash, and almonds. Add the vinaigrette and toss well to combine.
Makes 4 servings