Pianist and vocalist Patti Wicks (1945 – 2014) began picking out tunes at the age of 3 and learned to play by ear because she was born visually impaired. As an adult, Wicks continued her music education at the Crane School of Music, SUNY. She honed her craft in New York jazz clubs and went on to perform in major venues and festivals the world over. In this 2004 Piano Jazz session, Wicks solos on Marian McPartland's tune "There'll Be Other Times" and joins McPartland for "Body and Soul."
Originally broadcast in the winter of 2004.
- "Whisper Not" (Golson)
- "Body And Soul" (Green, Heyman, Sour, Eyton)
- "Emily" (Mandel, Mercer)
- "Windows" (Corea)
- "There'll Be Other Times" (McPartland)
- "If You Could See Me Now" (Dameron, Sigman)
- "An Empty Glass" (Bonfa, Manning)
- "This Time The Dream's On Me" (Arlen, Mercer)