Open Phones: Your New Year's Continuing Resolutions

Thursday, January 02, 2014

Happy New Year 2014 sparklers. (Amacistock/Shutterstock)

So many New Year's resolutions are about changing behavior or making a break with the past -- but we want to hear about what from 2013 you want to carry over into 2014. What are the good things you want to keep doing? What did you start in 2013 that you want to build on this year? Call 212-433-9692 or post below...

News, weather, Radiolab, Brian Lehrer and more.
Get the best of WNYC in your inbox, every morning.

Park Slope resident from Park Slope

The city should outlaw this: retailers that leave their entrances open in the summer so that A/C pours into the street. This is a huge sustainability issue.

Jan. 03 2014 11:20 AM
Kc from Massapequa, LI

Justice Sotomayor and Jeanne Jugan Residences in the Bronx...a home run by the Little Sisters of the Poor. What does one have to do with the other?

Jan. 02 2014 03:41 PM
jane from nyc

In 2011 I decided to leave the field I'd worked in for 40+ years, figure out what I'd really love to do, and then get a job (can't retire so volunteering's out). I figured it out in 2012 and networked my way into a dream job at the end of 2013. I start on Monday, so ongoing I'll be doing this wonderful work.

Jan. 02 2014 12:03 PM
Ben from Brooklyn

I would call myself a Liberal, but....

HOW DARE a caller call in and praise Lynn Stewart and say that "these political prisoners didn't hurt a fly."

More than a Liberal, I am a New Yorker. And Lynn Stewart actively supported a blind sheikh who was proven to have supported a conspiracy that attempted to blow up two tunnels in New York City.

People who support the bombing of New York City should be in jail. Let their family visit them there.

Jan. 02 2014 12:00 PM
Ed from Larchmont

My New Year's resolution is to pray as much as I can, attend Mass, go to Adoration ... the world and this city are in dangerous shape.

Jan. 02 2014 11:51 AM
Niki from Crown Heights, Brooklyn

I had an awesome year of travel, thanks to AirBnB. I hope the city will allow me to continue using this service, so that I can keep up my travel habit. Please support short-term rentals!

Jan. 02 2014 11:51 AM