Liz Neumark on Farm to Table Seasonal Recipes

Friday, October 04, 2013

Liz Neumark discusses founding Katchkie Farm and the Sylvia Center, where children learn firsthand where fresh food comes from—how to grow it, how to harvest it, and how to cook with it. Her new book Sylvia’s Table: Fresh, Seasonal Recipes from Our Farm to Your Table brings these lessons and recipes from the farm to home kitchens. It’s a cookbook for families, featuring recipes from friends like chefs like Michael Romano of Union Square Cafe and Jonathan Waxman of Barbuto; culinary experts including Food & Wine’s Dana Cowin; cookbook authors Giuliano Bugialli, Rozanne Gold, Deborah Madison, and Sara Moulton.

Liz Neumark

Ulrika from UWS

Liz, you are an inspiration to all of us!!

Oct. 04 2013 03:18 PM
Howard from the Bronx

Leonard - where have you been. Lead has not been in gasoline since 1996. You cannot buy leaded gasoline.

Oct. 04 2013 12:41 PM
Amy from Manhattan

Lemme guess: the original Italian pasta salads were a lot less gloppy.

Oct. 04 2013 12:33 PM
suzinne from bronx

"I care less about feeding the deer than I care about feeding YOU." Liz you shot yourself in the foot with that comment. Quite off putting, even though obviously your focus would be on the animal on the PLATE, not the animal in the wild.

Oct. 04 2013 12:32 PM
Tisha from Ho-Ho-Kus

My house was built in the early 1920's and while clearing beds I found a ceramic pail embedded in the dirt just outside my kitchen door. And when I say embedded, I mean it is at this point unremovable. But my older neighbor told me it was for kitchen waste that was used to be picked up weekly by "the pig man." (And it's true nearby Paramus NJ was once famed for its pig farms.)

Oct. 04 2013 12:30 PM

"City folk" will eat ANY food fetish nonsense you feed them!!

It's true.