The Jonathan Schwartz Christmas Show

Airs on The Jonathan Channel and 93.9 FM - December 22 at 12PM, December 24th at 12PM & 8PM

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Christmas tree ornament (Flickr/scottfidd)

The Jonathan Channel and WNYC will broadcast Jonathan's 44th annual Christmas Show live from Birdland! It will be an afternoon of songs and stories including performances by John Pizzarelli, Jessica Molaskey , Brian Stokes Mitchell, Tierney Sutton, Loston Harris and many more!

Hosted by:

Jonathan Schwartz

Tags:

More in:

Bonnie Weller from Ho Ho Kus, NJ

Trying to connect to "the Jonathan channel" makes me feel that I've regressed to primary school, sometimes kindergarten. Why? Do you ask ? No matter what I do, sometimes I catch the "station", but usually pressing the highlighted " listens" just sends me to a different nyc page. It's not good to be enraged, particularly on Christmas Day. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong? I doubt it . I 'm considering reneging on my donation.

Dec. 25 2013 10:39 PM
frances from NYC

WHAT numeral on the radio =s the Jonathan
Channel?? ( or is it only sn app?)

Dec. 25 2013 03:58 PM
gail from Connecticut Valley, MA

I just found out about the Jonathan Channel. Since I've probably missed months of it, I'd like to know how I could find out when the Android app will be available, as it would be lovely to have this music available on the phone.

Thanks for the music!

Dec. 22 2013 10:31 AM
Bob H from Newtown, CT

Would love to hear the excerpt from Moss Hart's autobiography that you read a few years back.

Dec. 21 2013 02:01 PM
deborah gershon

Please try to include a cut or two from the Roches old standby album "We Three Kings". Cut 14: Star of Wonder sung a cappella is magnificent.
Happy holidays to you. Been listening to you for decades!

Dec. 21 2013 01:29 PM
JOE ROBINSON from NEW JERSEY

PLEASE PLAY AS MUCH AS YOU CAN--OF NANCY LA MOTT'S CHRISTMAS ALBUM ON ALL THE HOLIDAY BROADCASTS--SHE WAS AND IS JUST MARVELOUS AS YOU ALL ARE--THANK YOU--JOE R

Dec. 21 2013 11:23 AM

I am very much looking forward to a special holiday celebration at Birdland with my love, fellow American Songbook fan and Sinatra devotee, Steven, the wonderful musicians who will be performing, and, of course, Jonathan, who we will be honored to meet!

Dec. 20 2013 10:33 AM

Sponsored

About The Jonathan Channel

The sounds of Frank Sinatra, Nelson Riddle, Ella Fitzgerald, Tony Bennett, Mel Torme, Bing Crosby, Billie Holiday and other masters of the American songbook can be heard 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, anywhere in the world.

“The Jonathan Channel” provides an unparalleled showcase for this timeless music, presented by its strongest advocate, Jonathan Schwartz, in his intimate, insightful, and utterly original approach that combines impeccable taste with countless personal tales, colorful anecdotes and encyclopedic knowledge

The Jonathan Channel Newsletter