John Turturro, “Fading Gigolo"

Monday, April 14, 2014

John Turturro talks about writing, directing, and starring in “Fading Gigolo.” The film is about people’s endless and never fully satisfying quest to find happiness through sex and love, and it features Woody Allen, who plays a man who helps develop a scheme to get out of debt by entering into the world’s oldest profession. Turturro will also talk about his role in the film “God’s Pocket,” directed by John Slattery and also starring Philip Seymour Hoffman, which will be released in May.

John Turturro

MRR from Manhattan

More of Andy Borowitz please... A wonderful, engaging , well informed and intelligent host !

Apr. 16 2014 01:40 AM

…but, wait!! Nobody cares if Woody stands accused of child sexual abuse by his own daughter???

Apr. 14 2014 02:14 PM
Dave from Brooklyn, NY

I love Turturro but it's impossible for me to hear others praise Woody Allen without it turning my stomach.

Apr. 14 2014 01:57 PM
sophia

Don't know if Mr Borowitz reads the comments, but I wanted to say the interviews today were really good.

The Lamarckian comment was near Lopatian.

Apr. 14 2014 01:56 PM
jgarbuz from queens

Love Tarturro. Great actor. I also enjoyed the bit wherein he played the even more OCD-inhibited brother of Adrian Monk, the "defective detective" played by Tony Shaloub. Since I too was once a professional technical writer, albeit far less obsessed, I truly enjoyed his characterization.

Apr. 14 2014 01:44 PM
John from Chelsea

cool dude he is

Apr. 14 2014 01:43 PM
Roy from Queens

An interesting story about Mr. Turturro. I graduated from the same elementary school he did in Queens, St. Clare Roman Catholic Church, with some years between us. When he was mentioned as an alum, during my commencement by the principal at that time, and being in "Do The Right Thing", some audience members look at each other, not knowing who he was, but I always made a mental note to know what's he been in.

Apr. 14 2014 12:12 PM