Listeners call-in with recommendations of their independent, locally-owned stores to support during this holiday shopping season.
Here's our #ShopListener Gift Guide for this year:
- The Hand Stuff is an all-natural hand balm for even the toughest of working hands.
- Cobble Hill's Shelsky’s Of Brooklyn is a local deli specializing in smoked fish and cured meat, and other quintessential New York grub like bagels with lox and a schmear.
- For those who want safer headgear, but can't quite be convinced to commit to a helmet, New York-based Crasche hat offers a beanie with both impact protection and style.
- Artfully inspired design, hand printed and hand crafted bags, and more, are available through Brooklyn's Red Bridge Studio. Use the code WNYC for a special discount.
- North Jersey's Fun Truckin' Mobility offers rental, sales, and/or service of wheelchair vans, lifts, and other mobility-related devices for the whole tri-state area.
- If you're looking to give a present of self-defense this year, Manhattan's North Sky Kung-Fu offers local martial arts classes in the tradition of Northern Shaolin Eagle Claw (Ying Jow Pai).
- East Williamsburg's Lovewild Design makes sustainable, handcrafted gifts like greeting cards embedded with plantable seeds. Use promo code WNYC for a special discount.