The exact date of this episode is unknown. We've filled in the date above with a placeholder. What we actually have on record is: 19uu-uu-uu.
This episode is from the WNYC archives. It may contain language which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
From insert with disc:
U.S. AIR FORCE
GROUND OBSERVER CORPS
33 1/3 R.P.M.
NAME OCCUPATION TIME
1. General Benjamin W. Chidlaw, Commanding General, Air Defense Command 1:55
2. Lt. General Leon W. Johnson, Commanding General, Continental Air Command Congressional Medal of Honor winner for his participation in the Ploestie Oil Field Raids of World War II :50
3. Lt. General Clarence Heubner (RET), N. Y. State Director of Civil Defense :28
4. Edward R. Murrow, News Analyst and radio and television news reporter :30
5. General Hoyt S. Vandenberg, Chief of Staff, USAF :41
6. Red Barber, Radio and TV Sportscaster :20
7. Mr. E. J. Tangerman, Executive Editor of American Machinist Magazine 2:4l
8. Ed Sullivan, Syndicated columnist and TV star 1:50
9. Arthur Godfrey, Radio and TV star :50
10. Major Charles Yeager, First man to fly faster [than] the speed of sound 1:22
11. Robert Q. Lewis, Radio and TV comedian :30
12. Vaughn Monroe, Orchestra leader and vocalist 1:11
13. Mr. "X", Ground Observer whose name cannot be used because of the fear of reprisal to relatives behind the Iron Curtain. 1:15
14. Captain Fred Blesse, One of our leading jet aces :27
Audio courtesy of the NYC Municipal Archives WNYC Collection
WNYC archives id: 71714
Municipal archives id: LT5225