Call Us From the Weirdest Place Possible

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Call the Brian Lehrer Show from the weirdest place possible. (flickr)

We've had callers to this show from all over the world, from moving trains, while getting ticketed for jaywalking, and even, once, the tub. We challenge you to call in from the weirdest place possible.

@mia, @genejoke - we reached out to him, he sent us pictures, they are above. Good idea!

Aug. 01 2014 02:48 PM
genejoke from Brooklyn

I want to see the baby raccoon!

Jul. 31 2014 11:22 AM
Mia from Manhattan

Tell that last caller to send a baby raccoon photo!!!

Jul. 31 2014 11:21 AM
Liliana D'Attoma from Argentina

Hi, Brian, I'm in Buenos Aires, Argentina, and I listen you every morning. I wouldn't say that Buenos Aires is weird, but it is actually very far from New York, a city that I love so much!
Thank you for your company everyday!!!
Liliana D'Attoma
Buenos Aires - Argentina

Jul. 31 2014 11:18 AM
Jen from Brooklyn

Not totally weird, but listen almost everyday from the kitchen of the restaurant where I work. I'm able to listen & multitask. For instance today I made a cherry-berry crumb pie, lemon ricotta poppy seed muffin batter, caramel & bran-raisin bread in the last 2hours!

Jul. 31 2014 11:17 AM
Mimi from Prague

I'm listening from a pre-production film-studio -- in Prague… (working on "16th century tapestries" in as a graphics-illustrator in the art-department…

- Mimi (from the U.S., living in Prague 4-years)

Jul. 31 2014 11:17 AM
Ray from Glacier National Park

I'm listening from Glacier National Park in Montana! Can't call in though, I'm working.

Jul. 31 2014 11:14 AM
Larry Brown from Michoacan, Mexico

Well, I'm not gonna' call because I don't know that I consider where I am "weird", but I wanted to say that we listen in our kitchen over coffee every day from Tangancicuaro, Michoacan, Mexico, a little farm town in the mountains at 6000ft. I was born in St. Albans and lived in Cambria Heights as a child, later moved upstate to Rochester, and after a military career ended up here for the last 15 years.
We enjoy the show and feeling connected to the states, thanks.
Larry and Rosa in Tangas.

Jul. 31 2014 10:19 AM
Matthew from manhattan

I cannot call but wanted to mention that two weeks ago I was in Wellfleet, MA on Cape Cod, and I was receiving WNYC's signal in my car radio.

Jul. 31 2014 10:03 AM