An Architectural History of NYC, from the Cyclone, to the Empire State Building

Email a Friend
The Coney Island Cyclone wooden roller coaster first opened on June 26, 1927.

Barbaralee Diamonstein-Spielvogel, a preservation activist who serves as chair of the Historic Landmarks Preservation Center, discusses The Landmarks of New York: An Illustrated Record of the City's Historic Buildings, which celebrates the 50th anniversary of the Landmarks Preservation Commission. The book offers an architectural history of the city, documenting and illustrating more than 1,100 buildings that have been accorded landmark status over the past 50 years.

Event: On December 6th at 6:30 p.m., Barbaralee Diamonstein-Spielvogel will be speaking at the New York Public Library's Mid-Manhattan location at 455 Fifth Avenue.