The Pee-Wee Herman Show

Friday, October 08, 2010

Paul Reubens discusses his signature character, Pee-Wee Herman, his career, and the Broadway adaptation of “The Pee-Wee Herman Show.” It starts performances on October 26 at the Stephen Sondheim Theater.

Paul Reubens
News, weather, Radiolab, Brian Lehrer and more.
Get the best of WNYC in your inbox, every morning.

Laura B. from New York

I watched the Pee-Wee Herman show every Saturday while I was in my early 20's as I cleaned the house and about 15 years ago purchased the VHS tapes for my children. We can repeat most phrases verbatum and can laugh just like Pee Wee! The show is pure genius! Recently my bicycle was stolen and I almost went into "Pee Wee's Big Adventure" movie mode. My children fully understood!

Oct. 10 2010 10:04 PM
Sandra from Astoria

I was a teenager in the '80s but I still got up on Saturday mornings to watch "Pee-Wee's Playhouse." It was so great! Just hearing his voice brings back warm, fuzzy feelings. He is as beloved to me as Mr. Rogers or the Muppets.

Oct. 08 2010 01:58 PM
antonio from park slope

my favorite part of the show, was the "penny cartoons!"

Oct. 08 2010 01:52 PM
Bowildhax from New Jersey

Paul - know that your fans have stayed with you and played Pee Wee for our own kids. I was in love with the show and thankful that my kids know you as well. Nothing better then when my 10 year old son asks me "Cowboy Curtis, did you bring the mustard?"

You have helped define their sense of humor. Now if only Tom Lehrer was on your show..

Oct. 08 2010 01:41 PM
Mike C. from Tribeca

I recently watched "The Blues Brothers" and could swear Mr. Reubens played a waiter in that classic comedy. Is that true, or was I just drunk?

Oct. 08 2010 01:39 PM