Barbara Kingsolver’s The Lacuna

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Barbara Kingsolver discusses her latest novel, The Lacuna. It moves from the Mexico of Diego Rivera and Frida Kahlo to the America of Pearl Harbor, FDR, and J. Edgar Hoover. It tells the story of a man pulled between two nations and is a portrait of the artist—and of art itself.

Barbara Kingsolver
News, weather, Radiolab, Brian Lehrer and more.
Get the best of WNYC in your inbox, every morning.

Sherril from Morris Planis, NJ

How very serendipitous that I stayed home from work today, and while still in bed at 1:15 PM, I turned on the radio to hear Leonard's interview with Barbara Kingsolver about her newest book, The Lacuna. Last night I hosted our monthly Book Club meeting and you'll never guess what we read and enthusiastically discussed!

Sep. 28 2010 08:31 PM
Amy from Manhattan

John, in the western US, 65 miles away *is* considered close.

Sep. 28 2010 01:20 PM
Melinda Hunt from Union Square

I started reading Barbara Kingsolver when I found a bunch of new books discarded, still in boxes from the publisher, outside the Strand Bookstore in NYC. I wanted to find out whose books the Strand did not consider worth selling for even for a buck. What a find!

Sep. 28 2010 01:19 PM
Larry Love

One of my proudest moments was turning my wife, who is a picky reader (like a picky eater) on to Barbara Kingsolver. She loved Bean Trees and Animal Trees and now has a new favorite writer!

Sep. 28 2010 01:15 PM
kay from nyc

god, barbara kingsolver consistently comes off as a total fake. nice politics for self-deluding capital L Liberals.

Sep. 28 2010 01:14 PM
John from NJ

Tucson, AZ is near the Mexican Border.
It is about 65 miles NORTH of the Mexican border. Nogales, AZ is On the border.

Sep. 28 2010 01:13 PM