30th Annual Bloomsday on Broadway

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Symphony Space’s marks its 30th annual celebration of James Joyce’s Ulysses Thursday, June 16 with a marathon reading featuring over 100 actors and all 18 episodes of the famed novel.  WNYC 93.9 FM will join in to broadcast the readings from 8pm until it ends sometime after midnight, or you can stream the complete live video Webcast below.

Ulysses follows Joyce’s hero, Leopold Bloom through Dublin on June 16, 1904, as he makes his way home to his beloved Molly Bloom.

Please note: James Joyce’s classic novel, Ulysses, contains language and concepts that may not be suitable for younger listeners.

Tags:

More in:

News, weather, Radiolab, Brian Lehrer and more.
Get the best of WNYC in your inbox, every morning.

I agree completely with what some of the others have said. Please make this availible in some format, either downloadable or for CD purchase. I've no doubt people will pay for it.

Jun. 20 2011 01:28 PM
Cathy Enright

Are there any plans to make a CD or DVD of this year's Bloomsday event available for sale? I was working all day and couldn't watch. I would love to buy if you would please make it available. I see there is about 5 hours archived, but I really would love to be able to view the entire performance. I did see that you have 2005 available for purchase, but I had a family member reading and I would love to be able to purchase thise year's performance for that reason.

Jun. 17 2011 10:05 PM
Symphony Space from NYC

Thank you all for your comments. Recording of 2005 Bloomsday on Broadway is available for sale on Symphony Space’s website. https://www.symphonyspace.org/estore/item/20 Not the recording from yesterday’s performance, but this CD set features great performance of our 2005 event!

Jun. 17 2011 10:58 AM
Kathy from Brooklyn

Listening for the first time, I was mesmerized by the brilliant performance of Molly's soliloquy!

Jun. 17 2011 10:19 AM
Christopher J. Booth from Brooklyn, NY

Yes, reiterate the plea:

Please make this available to watch online, or to download.

Burn CDs and sell them--I'd buy, and I think people around the world would, too.

Chris Booth

Jun. 17 2011 09:46 AM
Laurel Masse from Bronx

I have to reiterate lil'pea's comment. For those of us who had to work either that night or far too early the following morning, and those of us who, due to the vagaries of public transportation, could not have gotten home if we'd been at Symphony Space till the last word, please, please make this available, or at least tell us where and when it is going to be available.

Please!
And thank you.

Jun. 17 2011 08:25 AM
Laurel Masse from Bronx

Please!
And thank you.

Jun. 17 2011 08:24 AM
lil'pea

oh please please please do make this available someway, download or podcast, for those of us who had to work, and could not listen.

Jun. 17 2011 01:49 AM