Subway Changes: C and D Trains Switch Routes
Monday, February 15, 2010
Uptown bound straphangers riding the C or D lines will need to adjust their routine this week. The MTA has announced that C trains will run express after Canal St. and D trains will be making local stops along the Central Park corridor for the rest of the week. The change starts Tuesday at 5:00 a.m. and will continue through 12:00 a.m. on Saturday.
The MTA says to take note of the following service changes:
- Uptown C runs express between Canal St. and 145th St.
- Uptown D runs local between 59th and 145th St.
- For local uptown service to Spring St., 23rd St., and 50th St. take the E
- For uptown trains to 72nd through 116th St. and 135th St. take the B or D
- At 34th St. the uptown C will stop at the A platform
The MTA says the change in service is so it can replace control track signals in Lower Manhattan, work that was delayed due to the heavy snow last week.