Several Post Offices Stay Open For Tax Day
Tuesday, April 15, 2003
New York, NY —Several post offices in New York City will be open until Midnight so people filing income taxes can get that important April 15th postmark on the envelope.
The James Farley Post Office at 33rd Street and Eighth avenue in Manhattan is always open. Other Post offices remaining open late tonight will be:
- Bronx Main Post Office at 558 Grand Concourse in the Bronx.
- Flushing Main Post Office at 41-65 Main Street Flushing, Queens.
- Cadman Plaza Post Office at 271 Cadman Plaza, Brooklyn
- Martin Luther King Junior Post Office at 9402 Church Avenue, Brooklyn.
- Fort Hamilton Post Office at 8801 5th Avenue Brooklyn.
- Long Island City Main Post Office at 46-02 21st Street Long Island City.
- Staten Island Main Post Office at 550 Manor Road, Staten Island.
- Jamaica Main Post Office at 88-04 164th Street, Jamaica, Queens
- and the JFK Airport Station at Building 250 in Jamaica, Queens.
The postal service says an April 15th postmark will be put on any mail put in a blue collection box. Jut check the pick up time on the collection box to be sure the box wil be emptied today.