New York Times food writer Kim Severson tells us about a series of food sites that apply the wikipedia approach to recipes. Wikia, Foodista and others allow anyone to post and edit all sorts of recipes, from cold curried crab soup to chicken parmesan. We also hear from Barnaby Dorfman, founder and CEO of Foodista. Call it the crowdsourcing of dinner.
We want your help with a recipe! Our dish is simple: a grilled cheese sandwich. But we want you to help us make it interesting.
Here's the initial recipe. What would you add to it, and how would you prepare it? Bonus points for outlandish ingredients! Let us know in the comments. We'll pull together your contributions and create a full listener-created recipe:
- 2 slices of bread [please specify]
- 2 slices of cheese [please specify]
- [Add your extra ingredients below]
- Put the cheese between the bread
- Put the sandwich on a skillet
- Cook until both sides are brown.
- [Add your preparation suggestions below]