Sara Fishko is an Executive Producer and Host at WNYC, specializing in culture.
Critics: Us and Them
Friday, April 09, 2010
New York, NY —
The cancellation of the long-running TV series "At the Movies" has stimulated speculation about the future of film criticism. Sara Fishko weighs in on this edition of the Fishko Files.
- Listen to a clip from critic Andrew Sarris and Sara Fishko’s (now-defunct) WNYC film discussion series, Talking Pictures, below.
- Sara and Andrew on "Notting Hill" (1999)
- Sara and Andrew on "Analyze This" (1999)
- In this archival installment of The Fishko Files, Sara Fishko takes a closer look at one critic in particular: James Agee.
- Read A.O. Scott’s “Is There a Future for Arts Criticism?”
- Despite the cancellation of "At the Movies," Roger Ebert is planning a new film talk program in the vein of the original show. Take a look at his plans on his blog.
- Read Kenneth Turan’s "Titanic" critique, Titanic Sinks Again (Spectacularly).
- Read Charles Isherwood and Alexander MaCauley’s dueling opinions on "Come Fly Away."
- Click over to see Phillip Lopate’s book “American Movie Critics”