Michael Patrick King

Monday, May 24, 2010

Michael Patrick King, director, writer and producer of the “Sex and the City” series on HBO and the movies, discusses the latest movie, Sex and the City 2, which opens May 27.

Michael Patrick King
News, weather, Radiolab, Brian Lehrer and more.
Get the best of WNYC in your inbox, every morning.

Tonky from Red Hook

You should have asked that schlamozzle how he imagines a struggling WRITER can afford a Manhattan Apartment and a fleet of 800 dollar shoes.

Sex in the City is rubbish.

May. 24 2010 01:00 PM

Please, Michael Patrick King, take a long walk off a short pier at the Gowanus Canal.

May. 24 2010 12:57 PM
Emily from Brooklyn

Echoing Amparo from Brooklyn's comment: Girls??? Seriously? And at the same time he's talking about how progressive it is to have one of the characters turn fifty. Still she hasn't graduated from being a girl.

May. 24 2010 12:54 PM
viena from mahattan

I hope the 2nd movie of Sex and city won't have Karry smoking inside her apartment as some other TV episode did. We've been suffering so long from the downstairs smokers. For that reason, I am not so much interested in the Sex and City anymore, because it brings back the emotional pain of living above people who smoke all day and nights below us, not even one piece of our sheet or cloth without pungent smoking smell. If the new movie still has Karry smoke inside her apartment (non-environmental friendly), we won't buy the ticket.

May. 24 2010 12:53 PM

Taboo about Sex?! In 1998? What planet has Michael Patrick King been living on?

With the end of Law and Order, I see a movie -- Law and Order meets Sex and the City.

I see more, but I think I should leave at that out of deference for people whose think is as mired in the 20th Century understanding of a Victorian England that didn't exist any more than Mr. Patrick's Barbie Doll New York.

May. 24 2010 12:52 PM
Amparo from Brooklyn

"Sex and the City" has "evolved"? Um, I think we stopped calling mature women "girls" a few decades ago. "Sex and the City" continues to take giant steps backward, albeit on very high heels.

May. 24 2010 12:48 PM
Dorothy

I heard they couldn't film in Dubai(sp?) becasue of the word "sex" in the title. Further the women would not have been allowed to show the typical SATC skin -- If they were really vacationing in Dubai they'd be wearing burkas.
I can hardly wait until the people who see the movie decide to travel to Dubai thinking it's like spring break in Cancun.
Thanks, but I'll skip the movie.

May. 24 2010 12:47 PM

Whatever I think of soldiers talking about war, it's something to hear someone like Michael Patrick King follow and talk so seriously about something so utterly devoid of any consequence or substance of any kind. Sex and the City has never sounded like anything more than an extended, vaguely tongue-in-cheek commercial about rich white girls (emphasis on girls) living in a New York that doesn't exist, never has and, if we're lucky, never will.

Sex and the City _is_ muppets -- but without the humor, intelligence or inventiveness.

May. 24 2010 12:47 PM
frank

Thanks for ruining NYC, with your stupid show.

May. 24 2010 12:47 PM
Barry from Santo Domingo

We love Sex and the City in the Dominican Republic!

May. 24 2010 12:46 PM
Betty Anne from UES

I am the biggest "Comeback" fan and was wondering if he plans on working with Lisa Kudrow again any time soon?

May. 24 2010 12:45 PM
Madeleine

Why would you choose a location that is so anti-woman as well as anti-Israel? I am a big fan of the show and the first movie but I will not be going to see SITC2.

May. 24 2010 10:21 AM