Dave Barry’s Amazing Tales of Adulthood

Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Humorist Dave Barry talks about the mystifying territory of adulthood—from fatherhood, parenting, self-image, the battle of the sexes, celebrity, technology, certain unmentionable medical procedures, and more. His latest book is I’ll Mature When I’m Dead: Dave Barry’s Amazing Tales of Adulthood.

Events: Dave Barry will be reading and signing books
Tuesday, May 4, at 7:00 pm
Barnes & Noble, Lincoln Triangle
1972 Broadway, at 66th Street

Dave Barry
News, weather, Radiolab, Brian Lehrer and more.
Get the best of WNYC in your inbox, every morning.

Roy Zornow from East Village

I"m here all week folks, try the veal."

Nov. 05 2010 04:43 PM
ellen from ny

Heard half of the barry interview, not knowing who it was, and thought, that's a definition of schmuck if ever heard one--What stupid comments. I'm surprised to find out it was dave barry, whose columns often make me laugh a lot--one of the few humorists left. Oh well, maybe he's just better in print.

May. 04 2010 06:26 PM
Barry Leiba from Cortlandt Manor, NY

Tim: Don't confuse WNYC's local programming with NPR; they're not related.

I've always been a fan of Dave Barry (and it's got nothing to do with the name). Stereotyping aside, he has a wonderfully amusing way of looking at things, and then turning that into words.

May. 04 2010 02:41 PM
db from nyc

This is some tired stuff reinforcing the worst stereotypes.

Dave Barry and Bob Hope must be soulmates.

Zzz.

May. 04 2010 01:52 PM
Tim

Really don't like this brand of humor. Perpetuates the worst stereotypes about men while giving people who actually act that way a pass by making it the norm.

Disappointed to hear this on the usually wonderful NPR.

May. 04 2010 01:41 PM
Amy from Manhattan

The question isn't why men are rational, it's why they *think* that the way they are is "rational"--& why women believe them!

As for the toilet seat, I never understood why it mattered. Seriously, so what?

It's great to hear Dave Barry--I've enjoyed his columns & books for years. And 1 of his best columns wasn't funny: "The Accident," about the time his son was hit by a car on his bike (broke his arm). I still remember the line about how your child's fingers curled around your finger when he was a newborn...& how they don't ever let go.

May. 04 2010 01:41 PM
Anon

I'm disappointed to hear such classic misogyny and poor science literacy on wnyc. What cheap, tired humor.

May. 04 2010 01:36 PM
mer from Manhattan

I have only been able to read a few of his columns here and there. However, each and everytime I read him I laughed out loud. I have found him to be consistently funny.

May. 04 2010 01:32 PM