Representative Anthony Weiner

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Representative Anthony Weiner talks about where attempts in Congress to overhaul the healthcare system stand now that the summer recess is over. We’ll also get reaction to last night’s speech by President Obama.

Representative Anthony Weiner

Chris from New York

I'm bearly making it as it is. I'm sick of being expected to pay for more programs for the poor. Who is helping the lower middle class?!I have never had a problem with my health insurance. Can we please leave things alone! Doesn't Welfare already provide healthcare to the poor? If not, I feel enough/too many of my tax dollars are used for welfare, enough is enough already!

Sep. 10 2009 02:03 PM
the truth from bkny

If President Obama's intentions are still not clear then the probable is obviously with the listener(s).

Sep. 10 2009 01:49 PM
the truth from bkny

What "swinging wildly" are you dilusional?

Sep. 10 2009 01:48 PM
Amy from Manhattan

I posted this on the page for Brian's interview w/David Leonhardt this morning--maybe Rep. Weiner can answer it (& I know there isn't a final bill yet, but what's being talked about?):

From cnn.com's transcript of the speech, on the not-for-profit public option:

"Let me be clear, it would only be an option for those who don't have insurance. No one would be forced to choose it and it would not impact those of you who already have insurance."

Does that mean if you have insurance that's denying you care that you need, you can't get the public option? That's how it sounds. But many people w/inadequate insurance would need it. Can we get this clarified?

Sep. 10 2009 01:47 PM
hjs from 11211

congressman, please bring some of my tax dollars back to NYC! I don't understand why we have to subsidize the south and plains

Sep. 10 2009 01:31 PM
James from Brooklyn

In June, the Supreme Court decided the case of Caperton v. Massey Coal, ruling that when a lower court judge failed to recuse himself in light of the $3 million a Massey Coal executive had contributed to his election campaign, Hugh Caperton's 14th Amendment rights to Due Process of Law were violated. How did we get to such an egregious situation? The law is neither Republican nor Democrat, so why are so many judges elected at all? After Health Care is settled, what can you do in your capacity as a member of the House Judiciary committee to depoliticize our judicial system?

Sep. 10 2009 11:31 AM
George from Bay Ridge

What does the congressman think of the situation in Afghanistan?

Sep. 10 2009 01:03 AM