Quantcast

20 Minute Meals with Mark Bittman

Thursday, August 13, 2009

New York Times columnist and blogger Mark Bittman stops by to talk about his latest cook book Kitchen Express: 404 Inspired Seasonal Dishes You Can Make in 20 Minutes or Less. You can view some of Bittman's recipies from the book here.

Mark Bittman

Sandra from Astoria, Queens

I love Mark Bittman!

I will have to pick this up for my roommate, who taunts me to no end by winging recipes on the spot.

I love to cook too, but I'm pretty anal when it comes to following recipes down to a T.

We both end up with pretty good results though. Just different approaches and personality traits.

Aug. 13 2009 12:32 PM
Barry from today, in the Adirondacks

I see several people have added remote cooking suggestions. We have a rice cooker with a brown rice setting that has a timer that can be set 12 hours in advance. To come home to a pot of fresh warm rice is a great inspiration for the rest of a meal.

Aug. 13 2009 12:31 PM
Caitlin from Jersey City

404: measurements not found!

Aug. 13 2009 12:26 PM
Diana

Maybe this is silly, but I would love to have an updated The Joy of Cooking with pictures for every recipe.

Aug. 13 2009 12:24 PM
Suki from Williamsburg

Also - slow cookers or crockpots. I have a Caribbean chicken curry on right now while I'm here at work. Dinner will be ready by the time I get home.

Aug. 13 2009 12:19 PM
Suki from Williamsburg

I am such a fan of Mr. Bittman's.

One suggestion for making big batches or rice or dry beans: invest in a good pressure cooker. Mine is an invaluable tool in my kitchen.

Aug. 13 2009 12:18 PM
Yvette from Barcelona

I am here in Barcelona eating the most delicious tapas. Have you ever made the salted shrimp they have here, they seem fairly simple; but I would love to know how to make this fast. Looking forward to seeing your recipes.

Gracias

Yvette

Aug. 13 2009 12:16 PM
anonyme

like you learn in art school you need to know the rules before you an play with them. Chefs spend time geting trained and traditions do mean something - to nutrition.

Aug. 13 2009 12:14 PM