- Oil prices are rising, following unstable supply, firm global demand and concerns about the weakening U.S. dollar.
- Sixty percent of America's oil is imported.
- Every 24 hours, the world uses 86 million barrels of crude oil.
- Each $1 increase in a barrel of oil raises annual costs by $60 million at United Airlines, according to Bloomberg.
- This week, Royal Dutch Shell said it may have to cut deliveries after a pipeline attack in Nigeria.
- Saudi Arabia plans to spend more than $90 billion over five years to help expand its oil industry.
- Lisa Margonelli, author of "Oil on the Brain: Adventures from Pump to Pipeline," writes about the global culture and economy of energy.
- Jeff Deck, of the Typo Eradication Advancement League, is traveling across country correcting the nation's grammar.