Kathie Lee on Life

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Television host and bestselling author Kathie Lee Gifford's new collection of candid, personal essays is called Just When I Thought I Dropped My Last Egg: Life and Other Calamities.

Event:
Kathie Lee Gifford is reading and signing books
Wednesday, April 15, at 7:00 pm
Book Revue
313 New York Avenue
Huntington, NY
For more information, call 631-271-1442.

Kathie Lee Gifford's

Kathleen Ryan from East Village

In defense of KLG -- and maybe it's just that sympathy loves company (I am same age as KLG, though totally different in character and preferences) -- I appreciated what she had to say about her father's going through the Lewy Body Syndrome experience, for my father did as well (died in April 2006). His sharp mind became so altered that our relationship got totally turned upside down, and for the worst. Diagnosis came late, and knowledge about what it entailed was incomplete, but the LBS symptoms did explain his rapid physical and mental deterioration. Still, few outside the focused Alzheimer's community knew enough about it to help us caregivers help him. Hearing that KLG went through it (not sure about the Bikini Atoll link though) made my experience feel less solitary. Small deal for others; big deal for me.

Apr. 16 2009 04:05 AM
PP

Judging by the photo, talk about some bad plastic surgery.

Apr. 15 2009 01:19 PM
Vinny from Manalapan,NJ

Did she really have to say "daddy" that much? Ugh.

Apr. 15 2009 01:04 PM
Chicago Listener

[[8] Mike from Inwood April 15, 2009 - 12:58PM Maybe radio is the answer; Sarah Vowell I love you no matter what you look like]]

if that was a swipe at sarah, then them's fighting words. sarah is gorgeous.

Apr. 15 2009 01:03 PM
Mike from Inwood

She's not annoying and she's still very attractive, but she's not particularly interesting.

Apr. 15 2009 01:01 PM
Mike from Inwood

Nothing against the guest, but if audiences aren't interested in women once they get past a certain age, (and 'firmness' as she put it) does this imply that talent is not necessarily a criteria for success among young women? What about the talented but unattractive? Instead of concerning ourselves with extending the life of the previously attractive, why not direct these efforts to finding the unattractive but talented who are ignored. Maybe radio is the answer; Sarah Vowell I love you no matter what you look like

Apr. 15 2009 12:58 PM
ljgig

yes at least ask about howard's effect on her er career.

Apr. 15 2009 12:58 PM
simpsonsmovieblew

Aargh! Can't believe I feel this way but I'd rather be listening to Can Xue again.

PS she looks like David Caradine.

Apr. 15 2009 12:57 PM
beth

oh my. she is incredibly annoying.

Apr. 15 2009 12:56 PM
Chicago Listener

I never watched morning television, so my impression of her was formed by listening to the Howard Stern Show. (Yes, a fan of Howard Stern and Lenny Lopate, go figure.) Was Howard a particular thorn in her side? Did she ignore him completely? Was she in on the jokes?

Apr. 15 2009 12:54 PM
Ron Mwangaguhunga from Williamburg

Leonard: Please ask Kathy Lee about writing a private letter to howard Stern over his divorce. What prompted her to write and did she feel betrayed that Howard read it on the air?

Apr. 15 2009 12:51 PM
land snark

is she for real? Boring. I can't listen to this aged cheerleader. What else is on other channels? Thank god for internet radio.

Apr. 15 2009 12:51 PM
rick from manhattan

Leonard,
Please ask Kathy if she watches the Saturday Night Live sketches of herself.

Apr. 15 2009 12:44 PM