How to Have Great Style

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

With the current economic troubles, many New Yorkers will have to learn how to become wise shoppers. Fashion designer Isaac Mizrahi gives tips on how we can all learn to have great style โ€“ at any budget. His new book is How to Have Style.

Weigh in: Has the economic downturn affected your shopping habits and style choices?

Isaac Mizrahi

Phyllis from Yonkers

The incredible lightness of Isaac Mizrahi and the culture of fashion and style.

Oct. 10 2008 03:56 PM
eff

I second Magali. Please let us have this segment online.

Oct. 09 2008 04:29 AM
Magali from NYC

When I tried to listen to this segment, it kept playing the Charles Ellis, Goldman Saks interview. Can you tell me how to get to the Isaac Mizrahi interview? thanks.

The Lopate Show responds:
Thank you for alerting us to this problem. We are working on it now and hope to have it fixed soon.

Oct. 08 2008 08:15 PM
LiZa from Manhattan

"Many women don't think about their own style...so, maybe it's okay for men to think of it for us."

UGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH!! Silly Barbie, you.

Oct. 08 2008 01:05 PM
Yolanda from NY

Hey Susy, how much does Isaac pay you?

;))

Oct. 08 2008 01:02 PM
Jennifer Lowing from NYC

I totally agree on the shoes and hair notion. A new hair do or shoes can add color and life to the $20 outfit from good will!!

Oct. 08 2008 12:58 PM
susy from manhattan

I'm so enjoying this whole interview.

Especially talented men like Issac.

Oct. 08 2008 12:57 PM
Yolanda from NY

I agree with Maggie. Your comment was uncharacteristically sexist, Leonard.

Oct. 08 2008 12:55 PM
gravita from nyc

no offense to isaac, who seems like a darling person, but i am so unspeakably tired of MEN dictating women's style. makes no difference that they are gay men.

Oct. 08 2008 12:52 PM
maggie from morristown nj

You mention women in their 50's stuck in their school days style.
Now now. Let's not forget there are just as many MEN in their 50's dressing like they did in school, sometimes even with the embarassing addition of a rug to keep that high school look.

Oct. 08 2008 12:49 PM
Tisha from Ho-Ho-Kus, NJ

Dear Isaac,

Please, please, PLEASE bring back everything you've ever done for Target--especially that smashing shiny, silvery coat from a few seasons back that my sister cleverly bought and I am forced to covet.

Please?

Oh, and btw? I love you! YOU are fabulous.

Oct. 08 2008 12:45 PM
Dee

I love the new short coats and sweater with 3/4 length sleeves, but I am rethinking my fashion budget a whole lot more now than I used to. What shaped woman should avoid these jackets/sweaters and how should these be worn? Thanks!

Oct. 08 2008 12:45 PM
Anne

If I get only one splurge item - what should it be?

Oct. 08 2008 12:45 PM