Don Felder on Life in the Eagles

Thursday, July 17, 2008

The album “Eagles: Their Greatest Hits 1971–1975” is the bestselling album of all time in the United States. Now Don Felder of the Eagles has broken the band’s long public silence in a new memoir, Heaven and Hell: My Life in the Eagles (1974-2001).

Don Felder

MIKE from central cal.

I dont know if you even read these things but I just finished your book and was blown away on how your life led to wehere you are now(I am a vocalist/guitarist and sing a crap load of Eagles covers in my two-man acoustic group)so ive always wondered how the life of the Eagles was like and how you guys got started. Thanks man, your book was worth the money. You seem like a normal down-to-earth guy who lived a dream that most of us have to read about. Your guitar influences really did send that country band to mega-status and you deserve way more than you received credit for.

Jun. 24 2009 01:45 AM
andy parford from london

Don your guitar playing has given me years of pleasure and will continue to do so. Please keep playing.
Incidently I think the Eagles last album was crap!

Apr. 15 2009 05:49 PM
Bill Schwenke from MN

I got the book with Christmas funds, being out of work and all... I heard about the trials and travails, but I still love the book, however, what was edited from those first editions. I agree that Felder should play with Meisner and Leadon

Feb. 25 2009 10:38 PM
gary vellante from boston,massachusetts

have been a huge Eagles fa for the better part of my life.Thanks for all the music!!! Any chance of you reuniting with bernie and randy? Thx again!!

Jul. 28 2008 07:25 PM
leigh from maidstone kent England

We have had "Heaven and Hell" in England for sometime.For me,it was a fantastic insight into "The Eagles".Don Felder comes across as a really nice guy.Went to see The Eagles at the O2 in London in March 2008,made me look at Henly and Frey in a comletely different light.

Jul. 18 2008 09:25 AM
YVAN from NEW YORK , NY

WHAT HAPPEN TO THE REST OF THE GUYS IN THE BAND?
CAN YOU TELL US SOMETHING ABOUT THAT.

I LOVE THE EAGLES..IT WAS THE FIRST ROCK BAND

THAT I HEARD COMING FROM THE CARIBBEAN.

Jul. 17 2008 12:52 PM
Tim Sullivan from Newark, NJ

Will you be talking about your suit against Henley/Frey?

Jul. 17 2008 12:51 PM
Tim Sullivan from Newark, NJ

On my vinyl copy of Hotel California, scratched into the inside margin by the pressing person are the words "V.O.L. is 5 piece live". I did some research and was told that it meant "Victim Of Love is 5 piece live... it was recorded in one take. Is that true Don?

Jul. 17 2008 12:50 PM
michael winslow from INWOOD

Hey Don

After hearing more about your life.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Hey got any tickets for a NEW YORK Show??

Jul. 17 2008 12:45 PM
A

Wow, Felder just admitted to bootlegging records to tapes. I wonder if he's gonna get sued!

Jul. 17 2008 12:42 PM
michael winslow from INWOOD

Thank you Don Felder!

Love the Eagles!

You're the greatest

Jul. 17 2008 12:36 PM
stu

WNYC sent me a copy of Don's book a few weeks ago, and I practically finished it the next day (which is an amazing feat when a 2 yr old and 4 yr old are requiring your attention). I would have loved to have Don sign my copy - did I miss a NYC book signing event? I have nothing else for him to sign (see - I read the book). thanks

Jul. 17 2008 12:29 PM